trade shows in USA
- Agriculture, Forestry, Fishery, Horticulture
- Apparel, Fashion, Textiles, Jewellery
- Building, Constuction, Real Estate
- Electrical Engineering, Electronics
- Engineering, Manufacturing
- Food, Beverage, Hospitality
- Furniture, Interior Design
- Health, Beauty, Wellness
- IT, Communications, Multimedia
- Leisure, Hobby, Entertainment
- Medical and Hospital Equipment
- Office, Household, Gifts, Toys
- Printing, Packaging, Graphics
- Security, Fire Safety Defense
- Services, Retail, Education
- Traffic, Transport, Logistics
The USA trade show industry represents a substantial component of the US economy. Exhibitions and trade shows in USA are often organised and held together with congresses or conferences. Trade shows in the USA are the meeting point of the respective industry. Generally speaking, conference and congress programmes accompanying trade shows in USA are as important as the trade fair itself.
While trade fairs in Europe developed from markets, trade shows in USA developed from meetings of salesmen travelling about the country. Therefore still nowadays the majority of visitors that attend trade shows in USA come from their own country or neighbouring countries.
Trade shows in USA have been organised as so called conventions by the trade associates of each respective industry for more than 100 years. Often conventions, or trade shows in USA with an accompanying programme, are staged at different locations. The main focus of trade shows in USA is to share experiences and meet up with potential customers.
Generally trade shows in USA are very strict in reference to admission. Only registered trade visitors are permitted access to many specialised trade shows in USA. The average duration of trade shows in USA is often shorter than for example in Germany. In contrast to European countries stand building and design tend to be less relevant. However, an essential feature of all trade shows in USA is an open stand design.